Areas Affected: Edgecombe; Harnett; Johnston; Wilson
...Treacherous travel conditions will continue across Central
North Carolina through early Monday...
.Although the widespread, heavy precipitation has largely ended
across the area, additional wintry precipitation will likely
redevelop from the west overnight. Many locations will see
additional light snow and sleet, along with some brief freezing
rain or pockets of freezing temperatures that will keep roads
treacherous. Conditions will slowly improve late Monday.
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM EST
* WHAT...Rain will continue through the afternoon and evening. However, a light wintry mix of snow and sleet is expected to re- develop overnight and linger into Monday morning. Additional snow accumulations are expected to be less than an inch. A thin light glaze of ice is also possible.
* WHERE...The Interstate 95 corridor and the rest of the Coastal Plain and Sandhills of southeastern North Carolina.
* WHEN...Today through 7 PM EST Monday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Dangerous travel conditions will linger through early Monday. Scattered to numerous power outages can also be expected.
* Temperatures will remain nearly steady in the lower 30s this afternoon and evening, and will fall back down to near freezing overnight.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means periods of snow will cause primarily travel difficulties. Expect snow covered roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while driving. The latest road conditions for North Carolina can be found online at DriveNC.gov.