Mariners vs. Astros Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 26
The Houston Astros (86-71) are looking for another strong showing from a slugger on a hot streak against the Seattle Mariners (84-72) on Tuesday at 10:05 PM ET, at T-Mobile Park. Yordan Alvarez is on a two-game homer streak.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Mariners will send George Kirby (11-10) to the mound, while Cristian Javier (9-4) will answer the bell for the Astros.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Mariners vs. Astros Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Tuesday, September 26, 2023
- Time: 10:05 PM ET
- TV: TBS
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Venue: T-Mobile Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Kirby - SEA (11-10, 3.58 ERA) vs Javier - HOU (9-4, 4.64 ERA)
Explore More About This Game
|Mariners Injury Report|
|Mariners vs Astros Betting Trends & Stats|
|How to Watch Mariners vs Astros|
|Mariners vs Astros Odds|
|Mariners vs Astros Prediction|
|Mariners vs Astros Player Props|
Mariners Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: George Kirby
- The Mariners will send Kirby (11-10) to the mound for his 30th start this season.
- The right-hander gave up three earned runs and allowed eight hits in seven innings pitched against the Oakland Athletics on Wednesday.
- The 25-year-old has an ERA of 3.58 and 8.1 strikeouts per nine innings, with a batting average against of .250 in 29 games this season.
- In 29 starts this season, he's earned a quality start in 18 of them.
- Kirby will look to finish five or more innings for the fourth start in a row.
- He has made 29 appearances and finished five of them without allowing an earned run.
George Kirby vs. Astros
- The Astros are batting .259 this season, fourth in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .438 (sixth in the league) with 217 home runs.
- The right-hander has allowed the Astros to go 6-for-25 with a double and an RBI in 6 2/3 innings this season.
Astros Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Cristian Javier
- Javier tries for his 10th victory when he gets the start for the Astros, his 30th of the season. He is 9-4 with a 4.64 ERA and 149 strikeouts in 151 1/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander last pitched on Wednesday against the Baltimore Orioles, when he threw five innings, allowing one earned run while giving up three hits.
- The 26-year-old has amassed an ERA of 4.64, with 8.9 strikeouts per nine innings in 29 games this season. Opponents are hitting .238 against him.
- Javier is looking to collect his 11th quality start of the season.
- Javier will try to prolong a three-game streak of pitching five or more innings (he's averaging 5.2 frames per outing).
- In one of his appearances this season he has not surrender an earned run.
Cristian Javier vs. Mariners
- He will match up with a Mariners team that is batting .243 as a unit (20th in the MLB). They are also slugging a collective .415 (14th in the league) with 203 total home runs (12th in MLB action).
- Javier has thrown seven innings, giving up three earned runs on three hits while striking out eight against the Mariners this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.