Tua Tagovailoa vs. Mac Jones in Week 2: Dolphins vs. Patriots Preview, Stats
With the Miami Dolphins (1-0) and the New England Patriots (0-1) squaring off on September 17 at Gillette Stadium, Tua Tagovailoa and Mac Jones will go head to head at the quarterback position. We dissect the two signal callers below, diving into the numbers and trends that will impact this matchup.
Dolphins vs. Patriots Game Info
- Game Date: Sunday, September 17, 2023
- Time: 8:20 PM ET
- Venue: Gillette Stadium
- Location: Foxborough, Massachusetts
- TV: NBC
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Want to rep Tagovailoa this season? Head to Fanatics to find jerseys, shirts, and much more.
Tua Tagovailoa vs. Mac Jones Matchup
|Tua Tagovailoa||2022 Stats||Mac Jones|
|3,548 (272.9)||Passing Yards (Per Game)||2,997 (214.1)|
|70 (5.4)||Rushing Yards (Per game)||102 (7.3)|
Other Matchup Previews
- Click here for Zach Wilson vs. Dak Prescott in Week 2
- Click here for Sam Howell vs. Russell Wilson in Week 2
- Click here for Matthew Stafford vs. Brock Purdy in Week 2
- Click here for Kenny Pickett vs. Deshaun Watson in Week 2
Patriots Defensive Stats
- Last season, the Patriots surrendered 347 points, ranking 11th in the league with 20.4 points allowed per game. In terms of total yards, they ranked ninth in the NFL with 5,474 total yards allowed (322 per contest).
- When it came to defending the pass, New England ranked 17th in the NFL with 3,681 passing yards allowed (216.5 per game) and eighth in yards allowed per pass attempt (6.2).
- Against the run, the Patriots were top-10 last season, ranking seventh in the NFL with 1,793 total rushing yards allowed (105.5 allowed per game). They also ranked first in rushing TDs allowed (seven).
- On defense, New England ranked 21st in the NFL in third-down efficiency allowed at 40.2%. In red-zone efficiency allowed, it ranked 22nd at 58%.
Who comes out on top when the Dolphins and the Patriots square off? Use our link to sign up at BetMGM for a first-time deposit bonus and place your bets today!
Dolphins Defensive Stats
- Last season, the Dolphins ranked 24th in the NFL with 23.5 points allowed per game, and they ranked 18th in total yards allowed with 337.8 given up per game.
- When it came to defending the pass, Miami struggled last season, with 3,992 passing yards allowed (27th in NFL). It ranked 26th with 27 passing touchdowns allowed.
- Against the run, the Dolphins' D was firing on all cylinders, with 1,751 rushing yards allowed last season (sixth-fewest in NFL).
- Defensively, Miami ranked 23rd in the NFL in red-zone percentage allowed (59.3%) and 24th in third-down percentage allowed (41.6%).
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.