GREENVILLE, N.C. (WITN) – Top seed ECU (43-15) will open the 2019 Greenville Regional Friday, May 31 when it plays host to No. 4 seed Quinnipiac (29-27) at Lewis Field inside Clark-LeClair Stadium. First pitch for the Pirates is scheduled for 6 p.m. (ET).
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT THE REGIONAL
• ECU has earned seven No. 1 seeds in a regional (1999/Baton Rouge, La.; 2000/Lafayette, La.; 2001/Wilson, N.C.; 2004/Kinston, N.C.; 2009/Greenville, N.C.; 2018/Greenville, N.C.: 2019/Greenville, N.C.).
• The Pirates have garnered three national seeds in its history (No. 7 in 2001; No. 12 in 2018; No. 10 in 2019).
• ECU is hosting its third on campus regional (Clark-LeClair Stadium) - 2009, 2018 and 2019.
• The Pirates have also hosted opening round regional tournaments on two occasions at different venues (Wilson, N.C./Fleming Stadium/2001) and (Kinston, N.C./Grainger Stadium/2004).
• Additionally, ECU used the Kinston facility when it hosted Tennessee for a Super Regional in 2001.
• Of the 64 teams announced, the Pirates own a 12-6 overall record in 2019 vs. nine schools: Campbell (1-1), Cincinnati (3-0), Duke (1-1), Mississippi State (0-1), North Carolina (1-0), Ole Miss (1-0), UConn (3-0), UCLA (0-3) and UNCW (2-0).
• In recent year the Pirates have faced two of the three clubs competing in the Greenville regional, most recently splitting a home-and-home series with Campbell (Feb. 20 and May 14) with each team winning on their home field. The Pirates and the Wolfpack have met 108 times in the two programs history with the last coming in 2017 in Raleigh. ECU and Quinnipiac have played just once, which was during the 2008 season.
PROBABLE STARTERS (2019 stats)
Friday - LHP Chris Enns (6-5, 3.67 ERA) vs. LHP Jake Kuchmaner (6-2, 2.83 ERA)