1 stick of butter at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 cup quick-cooking oats
1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Blend butter and sugar together with mixer. Add the egg and beat until combined. Add baking soda, salt, and vanilla, and beat until smooth.
- Dump oats and pecans into blender or food processor and pulse to break the mixture down and combine together. Add mixture to dough and mix together.
- Drop dough, about a teaspoon full (it will expand significantly) about 3 inches apart onto the pans. Push dough down just a little to flatten.
- Bake for 8 to10 minutes until lightly golden and flattened. You may want to rotate the tray half way during the cooking time.
- Remove trays from the oven and slide the parchment paper, with the cookies on, off to cool. You'll need more parchment paper in the pans to continue.
Recipe makes about 3 dozen cookies, maybe more, or less depending on size.
As an addition, you can drizzle over melted chocolate.