3 medium green apples, peeled and thinly sliced
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
juice of 1/2 lemon
zest of 1/2 lemon
Two store-bought pie crusts (1 box)
2 Tbsp melted butter
1 egg (whisked)
1 Tbsp sugar
Directions1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2) Combine apples with brown sugar, vanilla and lemon juice and zest. Combine cinnamon and flour in small bowl. Add dry ingredients to apple mixture. Set aside.
3) Lay pie crusts on lightly floured surface. Roll dough out slightly. Cut four inch circles. Place on baking sheet.
4) Lay apples on pie crust circles, leaving enough room on the edge to fold it up. Fold edges over apples and pinch.
5) Brush melted butter over exposed apples. Brush egg wash over pie crust.
6) Bake in oven for 25 minutes.
7) Sprinkle sugar over hot galettes. Serve warm.