2 cups of uncooked macaroni
2 cups of shredded Sharp Sharp Cheddar Cheese (half in mixture- half on top)
1 cup of mozzarella cheese or Swiss cheese
2 tablespoons of all purpose flour
3/4 cup of biscuit/baking mix
1 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
1 tablespoon of butter
2 beaten egg
1 cup of milk
2 teaspoons of butter
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup bread crumbs into 36 greased mini-muffin cups.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in flour and seasonings until smooth; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in 1 cup cheddar cheese and Swiss cheese until melted.
- Remove from heat; stir in biscuit mix, eggs and 1/2 cup bread crumbs. Add macaroni; toss to coat. Spoon about 2 tablespoons macaroni mixture into prepared mini-muffin cups; sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese and bread crumbs.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add crispy bacon bits on top if desired
- Cool in pans 5 minutes before serving.