12 slices of thick cut bacon
1/2 cup of light brown sugar
1 tsp of cinnamon (optional)
Pinch of black pepper (optional)
Chocolate morsels for melting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- You will need a baking sheet with edges to catch the grease. To ease the cleanup, line with foil. To lessen bacon grease, spray a
- cooking rack with nonstick spray and place over the baking sheet.
- Pour brown sugar in a bowl (mix with cinnamon if desired)
- Dip bacon slices or sprinkle sugar onto bacon (both sides)
- Place bacon on baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes (or until
- bacon seems crispy and caramelized) - keep a close watch because
- you don’t want to burn the sugar.
- In a microwaveable safe bowl, add chocolate of choice and keep
- microwaving for :15 segments until melted (do not overheat chocolate)
- Dip one end of bacon into chocolate.
- Decorate with festive sprinkles or crumbled peppermint (optional)