1 sheet defrosted puff pastry (or both to double the recipe)
1 tsp. of pesto for each puff you are making (Dave uses store-bought, but of course you can make your own!)
1 tsp. of chopped roasted red peppers for each puff you are making
Your favorite shredded cheese, use as much or little as you want
(Dave uses mozzarella, provolone or Havarti and sometimes all three!)
1 egg mixed with a tablespoon of water for egg wash.
Oregano and garlic powder-optional.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Let puff pastry thaw. Cut into strips along the folds, then each strip into 3 for a total of nine squares.
- As you assemble, roll a square into a 4 or 5-inch square (use flour if needed) add a teaspoon of pesto, then a teaspoon of peppers, topped with a teaspoon of cheese.
- Use egg wash along the edges, then pull together opposite corners and seal.
- After all 9 are on the cookie sheet use egg wash on top.
- (If you would like, you can sprinkle oregano and garlic powder on top)
- Bake for 20 minutes and enjoy.