8-10 McIntosh apples
3/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon flour
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon lemon.
(Jim's says his Mom would make her own crust, but Jim uses the Pillsbury pre-made pie crust, just as yummy!)
- Mix dry ingredients. Add lemon and mix again.
- Peel and slice apples according to the desired size.
- Lay bottom crust in pie dish.
- Add apples and premixed ingredients intermittently.
- Once full, place 4-6 dots of butter on top of apples.
- Lay top crust over apples and flute edges. Cut 4-6 slices in crust and brush crust with milk.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Place a ring of tin foil around the outer edge of crust halfway through cooking.