Your Thanksgiving leftovers could give you food poisoning

If you still have a refrigerator filled with those Thanksgiving leftovers, do you know how long you can keep them there without the fear of food poisoning?

According to the Mayo Clinic, leftovers can be kept for three to four days in the refrigerator.

Be sure to eat them within that time.

After that, the risk of food poisoning increases.

If you don't think you'll be able to eat leftovers within four days, freeze them immediately.

When you're ready to eat leftovers, reheat them on the stove, in the oven or in the microwave until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.

If you're in doubt about a food's safety, it's best to throw it out.