Two sisters die in Onslow County house fire

Published: Sep. 10, 2019 at 1:46 PM EDT
Email this link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

Two sisters died in a weekend house fire in Onslow County.

Onslow County deputies say the fire happened Saturday night at their home on Thomas Loop Road outside of Jacksonville.

Deputies found 63-year-old Phyllis "Diane" Moore outside the home and unresponsive. While helping Moore, they learned a second victim was still inside.

Rhodestown firefighters found the body of Katherine Moore, also 63, dead inside the home.

"Diane" Moore later died at Onslow Memorial Hospital. Deputies say the two sisters were born about a year apart.

Emergency Management said the fire was accidental and began on the kitchen stove.

Autopsies done on the sisters show they both died from smoke suffocation.

Latest News

Latest News