PITT COUNTY, N.C. (WITN) - A 21-year-old's arrest has brought closure to multiple criminal cases, according to the Pitt County Sheriff's Office.
The Pitt County Sheriff's Office arrested Haikeem Powell, after an investigation linked him to a series of crimes.
One of those crimes included the failed breaking and entering attempt at the Hustle Mart convenience store in December. In that case, surveillance footage showed a man shooting into the front door of the Farmville store, officials said.
Powell's arrest comes following an investigation into a possible attempted breaking and entering on Stantonsburg Road on April 7, according to the Sheriff's Office.
During that investigation, officials searched Powell's home where they found several items that linked him to the different crimes.
Powell is facing seven felony charges including:
- One count of breaking and/or entering a building
- Three counts of attempted breaking and/or entering a building
- one count of larceny after a breaking and/or entering
- one count of larcey of a firearm
- one count of possession of a controlled substance at a prison or jail premises
Powell is being held at the Pitt County Detention Center under a $90,000 bond.