UPDATE: Greenville Ruby Tuesday closed after accidental fire

GREENVILLE, N.C. (WITN) -- A popular Greenville restaurant is closed after a fire Sunday night.

Greenville Fire-Rescue says the fire at Ruby Tuesday on South Memorial Drive has been ruled accidental and started in the wall.

Officials say the damage was contained to the front entrance and there was no damage in the seating area or kitchen.

A manager said the restaurant would be closed probably for a couple of days in order to give employees a chance to clean up.


Previous Story

Officials say a small fire broke out Sunday evening at the Ruby Tuesday on South Memorial Drive in Greenville.

Fire Marshal Bryant Beddard said that the restaurant was cleared out when the building became filled with smoke around 8 p.m.

There were no injuries.

The cause was ruled as an accidental electrical fire from a wall stud.