Propane tank accelerates Warsaw house fire

By  | 

WARSAW, N.C. (WITN) - A local family is now homeless after fire officials say flames ignited a propane tank, destroying the home.

The Warsaw Fire Department says four of their crews responded, along with a crew from Faison, to the house fire at 744 E Hill St. in Warsaw just before 8 a.m. Friday.

When crews first arrived, they said the home was about 25-percent involved, but within minutes that changed.

The department says a propane tank ignited on the front porch which caused the intensity and size of the fire to grow.

Firefighters worked to save a few belongings and protect other structures in the area while trying to battle the blaze.

The home is a total loss and the Red Cross has been brought in to help the family.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with the family who suffered the loss of their home," the department writes.