Advertisement

Popular BBQ restaurant closed after morning kitchen fire

(WITN)
Published: Jan. 17, 2020 at 4:31 PM EST
Email this link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

A popular Onslow County barbeque restaurant is closed after a kitchen fire this morning.

Firefighters were called to Thig's Barbeque on Catherine Lake Road shortly after 5:00 a.m. Friday.

The fire likely started on a stove, according to firefighters. There were no injuries.

The kitchen and parts of the roof the restaurant was heavily damaged.

A manager says it's a devastating fire for the family-owned restaurant. She says Thig's has a strong customer base as some people regularly eat there three times a day.

Thig's is closed until further notice.

Latest News

Latest News