Home for the Holidays: Matt's Easy Lemon Pie
If you buy a pre-made crust, you only need three ingredients to make this tasty dessert. But if you want to make it completely from scratch, Matt included the crust ingredients as well.
1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs (11-12 full sheets of graham crackers)
1/3 cup granulated sugar
5 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
1 cup fresh lemon juice
2 cans sweetened condensed milk
5 large egg yolks
Favorite whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs and sugar in a mixing bowl and mix until well combined. Add the melted butter and stir until fully combined and all of the crumbs are moistened.
- Scoop the mixture into a 9-9.5 inch pie plate and firmly press it down into an even layer on the bottom and up around the sides of the dish.
- Bake at 350°F for 8-10 minutes or until the crust is lightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool for 5-10 minutes while you make the filling.
- Keep oven temperature at 350°F.
- Combine the lemon juice, sweetened condensed milk, and egg yolks in a large mixing bowl and whisk until fully combined.
- Pour the filling into the slightly cooled graham cracker crust and spread it around into one even layer.
- Bake at 350°F for 18-22 minutes or until the top of the pie is set, the pie will still be jiggly.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool to room temperature for about 2 hours. Transfer to the refrigerator to chill for at least 5-6 hours or overnight.
- Once chilled, top with whipped cream, serve and enjoy!