FIRE MARSHAL: Squatters living in New Bern home that burned

NEW BERN, N.C. (WITN) - Authorities say squatters were living in a home that caught fire this morning in New Bern.

Firefighters were called around 7:00 a.m. to the fully involved fire on Charles Street.

It took them about 20 minutes to get the fire under control.

Fire Marshal Danny Hill said the accidental fire began in the rear bathroom hall area. He said while the home was abandoned there were squatters inside.

No one was injured in the fire.