Fire that displaced four ECU students ruled accidental

GREENVILLE, NC (WITN) - Investigators say a fire Wednesday afternoon in one Eastern Carolina city was accidental.

The 4:35 p.m. fire on Library Street in Greenville heavily damaged the rear of the two-story home.

Four East Carolina University students were living in the home at the time, while only one of them was there when the fire broke out. Firefighters said the four students were able to find somewhere else to stay last night.

The fire department was able to keep the fire from spreading to adjacent homes and the cause has been ruled an accident.