UPDATE: Dryer sparks fire at student living apartment complex

GREENVILLE (WITN) - Authorities say a fire at a student living apartment complex began in a dryer.

Greenville Fire/ Rescue says the fire broke out at The Landing apartments just after 8 p.m. Monday night.

They say the sprinkler system helped reduce the amount of damage, but people in at least two apartment units are displaced.

No injuries were reported.



PREVIOUS STORY
Greenville Fire/Rescue responded to a report of a structure fire just after 8 Monday night at The Landing.

Battalion Chief Jesse Harris says no one was hurt, but residents in two units are expected to be displaced due to water damage.

The cause of the fire is under investigation at this time.