MIXING WITH MAGGIE: Loaded mashed potato cups
GREENVILLE, N.C. (WITN) - We all need something to bring to holiday gathering, and this appetizer is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
Just like a stuffed baked potato, these potato appetizer crisps can be dressed however you’d like.
They’re easy to pop in your mouth, but will still hold you over until dinner is ready.
You’ll need four potatoes, 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, half a stick of butter, 1 cup of sour cream, 1/4 cup chives, bacon bits (optional), 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper.
The instructions are as follows:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Quarter four potatoes and boil for 15-20 minutes
- Add butter, potatoes and 3/4 cup sour cream to mixing bowl
- Slowly add in 3/4 cup of milk (more or less is okay), mix until combined
- Add parmesan cheese, chives, bacon bits, garlic powder, salt and pepper to mixture
- Mix to desired consistency
- Spoon mixture into muffin tin, making an indentation in the middle of each cup for toppings
- Add to oven and bake for about 30 minutes, checking regularly
- Top with a dollop of sour cream and add chives, bacon bits and cheddar cheese as desired
Copyright 2023 WITN. All rights reserved.