Fire breaks out at Greenville senior living complex for second time this week
GREENVILLE, N.C. (WITN) - A fire this morning at a Greenville senior living complex was an accident, a rekindle from a fire on Tuesday, the fire department says.
Firefighters went to Willow Spring Apartments on Spring Forest Road around 5 a.m. Battalion Chief/ Fire Marshal Bryant Beddard says one unit was damaged, but no injuries were reported.
Beddard says all of the seniors who live there evacuated safely and have since returned to their rooms.
On Tuesday, a fire broke out at the same apartments around 11:20 a.m. Investigators say a candle contributed to the fire and it was ruled accidental. No one was hurt.
Thursday morning’s fire was put out in about 20 minutes.
Copyright 2022 WITN. All rights reserved.