Investigators say candle factor in fire at Greenville senior living complex

Published: Jan. 11, 2022 at 3:36 PM EST|Updated: Jan. 11, 2022 at 5:47 PM EST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

GREENVILLE, N.C. (WITN) - Investigators say a candle was a contributing factor in a fire late this morning at a Greenville senior living complex.

Fire Marshal Bryant Beddard said they were called to Willow Spring Apartments on Spring Forest Road around 11:20 a.m.

He said 26 people were temporarily evacuated and one resident had to be treated at the scene for minor injuries. Multiple ambulances were brought in as a precaution.

One apartment received significant fire and water damage.

Beddard said except for that one unit, residents were allowed back in their apartments this afternoon.

The fire department has ruled the fire as accidental.

Copyright 2022 WITN. All rights reserved.