Craven County school board reinstates mandatory mask policy
CRAVEN COUNTY, N.C. (WITN) -Masks will once again be mandatory in Craven County Schools.
The school board voted 4-3 Thursday night in favor of mandatory face coverings effective Monday, January 10th. The vote specifies:
- All students and staff in grades PreK-13 will be required to wear masks.
- All employees will be required to wear masks at all Craven County school offices and buildings.
- During athletics, students will be required to wear masks while not actively participating.
- Mask breaks will be implemented.
- Visitors and volunteers will not be permitted on campus in order to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
The school system said in part of its release:
The board will revisit the issue again on Thursday, Jan. 20th at 6 p.m.
It was back in November that the board voted to make masks optional.
Copyright 2022 WITN. All rights reserved.