Advertisement

Greenville house fire ruled accidental, Greenville Fire/Rescue say

Crews worked to put out a fire at a home in Greenville on Saturday.
Crews worked to put out a fire at a home in Greenville on Saturday.(WITN)
Published: Sep. 11, 2021 at 9:37 PM EDT|Updated: Sep. 12, 2021 at 5:48 PM EDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

GREENVILLE, N.C. (WITN) - Greenville Fire/Rescue said the house fire that happened in Greenville on Saturday was ruled accidental.

Greenville Fire/Rescue and the Town of Winterville responded to the home at the 300 block of Bremerton Drive at 6:55 p.m. on Saturday where there was heavy smoke over the neighborhood.

Thirty firefighters worked to put out the fire, which was under control in 45 minutes, according to Greenville Fire/Rescue.

The fire was determined to have started in the garage and was caused by an electrical issue with a golf cart. There were no injuries.

Copyright 2021 WITN. All rights reserved.