Today is the day: Business capacities increased, alcohol curfew to be lifted
RALEIGH, N.C. (WITN) - Starting 5:00 p.m. Friday, Gov. Roy Cooper says many shops can again be at 100% capacity, while the curfew on alcohol sales will be lifted.
Cooper’s new executive order will allow 100% indoor/outdoor occupancy for many places, like retail businesses, barbers, salons, museums, and aquariums.
It also will allow 75% capacity indoors and 100% outdoors for restaurants, breweries, amusement parks, gyms, and pools.
Bars, conference centers, and sports arenas will have a 50% occupancy cap.
He said the 11:00 p.m. curfew for alcohol sales will be lifted.
Cooper said the mask mandate and six-foot distancing requirement remain in place even with those places with 100% capacity.
Mass gatherings have been increased to 50 people indoors, and 100 people outdoors.
In the past month, the state has seen significant improvement in the battle against the virus. Daily new cases, hospitalizations, and even deaths have dropped statewide.
If you have questions about the new executive order, you can click here to read the FAQ.
NEW EXECUTIVE ORDER OCCUPANCY REQUIREMENTS
Indoors and Outdoors up to 100% Capacity, Subject to Masks and 6 ft. Social Distancing
- Museums and Aquariums
- Retail Businesses
- Salons, personal care and grooming businesses, tattoo parlors
Indoors up to 75% and Outdoors up to 100% Capacity, Subject to Masks and 6 ft. Social Distancing
- Breweries, Wineries, and Distilleries
- Recreation (e.g., bowling, skating, rock climbing)
- Fitness and Physical Activity Facilities (e.g., gyms, yoga studios, fitness centers)
- Amusement Parks
Indoors and Outdoors up to 50% Capacity, Subject to Masks and 6 ft. Social Distancing
- Movie Theaters*
- Gaming Facilities*
- Meeting, Reception, and Conference Spaces
- Lounges (including tobacco) and Night Clubs
- Auditoriums, Arenas, and other venues for live performances
- Sports Arenas and Fields (includes professional, collegiate, and amateur
*Movie theaters and gaming facilities may operate at up to 75% capacity outdoors.
Copyright 2021 WITN. All rights reserved.