Rain causes some roads to flood across east
A flash flood watch is in effect for all counties along and south of Highway 64.
DUPLIN COUNTY, N.C. (WITN) - Several roads are flooded across the east because of the heavy rainfall.
A flash flood watch is in effect for all counties along and south of Highway 64. Most areas will receive an additional inch of rain Friday, which could cause small streams, creeks, ditches and culverts to overflow.
Officials are reminding drivers to always turn around if they see standing water on the roads.
The Department of Transportation says the following roads are closed due to flooding:
- Streets Ferry Road near US-17-BUS in Vanceboro
- Hallsville Road from Pasture Branch Road to South Blizzardtown Road west of Beulaville
- Norwood Blanchard Road from NC-50 to Deep Bottom Road west of Beulaville
- Durwood Evans Road is closed from NC-41 to Jimmy Tate Williams Road west of Beulaville
- Jacksons Store Road is closed from Old Chinquapin Road to NC-111
- Deep Bottom Road between NC-41 and George Dunn Sholar Road east of Wallace
- Richard Rouse Road north of Albertson is closed from Outlaws Bridge Road to the Lenoir County line
- East Logsboro Road between Spivey Road and Fishing Creek Road near Tarboro
- Speights Bridge Road near Beaman Old Creek Road northwest of Snow Hill
- Taylor Road near Cupelo Road north of Snow Hill
- Middle Road near NC-58 north east of Trenton
- SR-1142 near NC-41 west of Trenton
- Oak Grove Roads near Claude Banks Road near Pollocksville
- Weyerhauser Road
- W. Caswell Street and Earl Tyndall Road in the Neuseway Nature Center in Kinston
- Ferry Bridge Road near Steven Mill Road west of Goldsboro
- Bridgers Road near US-70 west of Goldsboro
- Capps Bridge Road near US-70 west of Goldsboro
- NC-222 south of Stantonsburg
- Pelt Road near NC-222 south of Stantonsburg
- Woodbridge Road near Old Stantonsburg Road west of Stantonsburg
Copyright 2021 WITN. All rights reserved.