Advertisement

Charlotte nightclub closed for repeated violations

Source: MGN online
Source: MGN online(KGNS)
Published: Oct. 5, 2020 at 4:27 PM EDT
Email this link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) - Officials have suspended the alcohol permits for a Charlotte nightclub after social media posts showed large gatherings and a lack of social distancing.

The Charlotte Observer reports El Centenario in Charlotte lost its permits in part because of video and advertisements which showed the crowds violating state restrictions to help reduce the spread of coronavirus.

The ABC commission says the private club had been cited numerous times for violations since May by state Alcohol Law Enforcement agents and Charlotte-Mecklenburg police officers.

Commission documents also said the private club continued to allow crowds of more than 300 with no social distancing or sanitization practices.

Copyright 2020 WITN. All rights reserved.

Latest News

Latest News