COVID-19 infects ECU fraternities & sororities
GREENVILLE, N.C. (WITN) - East Carolina University says there are now clusters of COVID-19 at most of their fraternities and sororities.
The university announced late Thursday afternoon there were clusters at 13 different Greek organizations with a total of 126 positive cases.
ECU says those in the 13 clusters have all been identified and the university is working closely with the Pitt County Health Department.
- Alpha Delta Pi sorority - 7 cases
- Alpha Omicron Pi sorority - 10 cases
- Alpha Tau Omega fraternity - 10 cases
- Alpha Xi Delta fraternity - 15 cases
- Chi Omega sorority - 17 cases
- Chi Phi fraternity - 10 cases
- Delta Zeta sorority - 6 cases
- Kappa Delta sorority - 10 cases
- Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity - 7 cases
- Phi Gamma Delta fraternity - 7 cases
- Phi Mu sorority - 8 cases
- Sigma Nu fraternity - 9 cases
- Zeta Tau Alpha sorority - 10 cases
The university has 17 recognized houses surrounding the campus.
Three weeks ago ECU announced a cluster at Sigma Sigma Sigma sorority with nine positive cases.
Copyright 2020 WITN. All rights reserved.