Cape Lookout closing Saturday afternoon
CAPE LOOKOUT, N.C. (WITN) - The Cape Lookout National Seashore will close Saturday because of Hurricane Isaias.
The storm is expected to pass across, or be very near, to the coast early next week.
- Cape Lookout will close at 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, August 1.
- Harkers Island Visitor Center will close at noon on Saturday, August 1.
- Keepers Quarters Museum is closed as of today.
- The Light Station Visitor Center (South Core Banks) will close at 3 P.M. on Saturday, August 1.
- Great Island Cabin Camp will close at 10 A.M. EDT on Saturday, August 1.
- Visitors with upcoming reservations should monitor the weather conditions.
- Visitors with vehicle ferry reservations may call their respective ferry for more information regarding schedule and/or reservations
FERRY SERVICES CANCELLED
Ferry service to parts of Carteret County has been shut down ahead of Hurricane Isaias.
The Cape Hatteras National Seashore said the Island Express Ferry Service will not run from Beaufort through Monday.
Storm swells from the storm will begin arriving later today, making the Beaufort Inlet unsafe for the ferries.
The national seashore says the ferry from Harkers Island to the lighthouse and to Shackleford Banks will not be running today.
Copyright 2020 WITN. All rights reserved.