More Headlines

UPDATE: Matt's World of Weather: Want To See A Rocket?

Updated: 09/18/2013 - There is a scheduled launch of a two-stage Antares rocket from Wallops Island Wednesday at 10:58am. Most of eastern Carolina will have a chance to spot this rocket as it heads to the ISS

Read More

NOAA Updates Forecast For Busy Hurricane Season

Updated: 08/08/2013 - Each August the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration revisits their hurricane outlook from May and adjusts the forecast based on current climate trends.

Read More

Rain Departing: 1 to 3+ Inches Overnight

Updated: 02/08/2013 - The heavy rain will be leaving the area through the morning hours, but the winds will continue to gust to 30 mph through the day.

Read More

Update: Matt's World Of Weather: White Christmas Forecast

Updated: 12/22/2012 - Each year we have a 3% chance of having a White Christmas (1” of snow on the ground). To put it another way, Santa has a 97% chance of outfitting his sleigh with wheels each year. What's the outlook this year?

Read More

Freeze Warning For Parts Of The East

Posted: 11/24/2012 - A Freeze Warning has been issued for parts of eastern Carolina. Despite everyone seeing cold temperatures, a few locations are still in their growing season.

Read More

Matt's World Of Weather: Want To See A Comet?

Posted: 03/13/2013 - It's too late to name the comet, but certainly not too late to view it. In this Week's World of Weather we'll discuss our newest comet, Novichonok-Nevski. To find out when, where and how bright, just click here:

Read More

Matt's World Of Weather: Hurricanes, Tornadoes & Wind Shear

Posted: 09/16/2012 - Frequently used, but rarely explained, wind shear can influence the strength and development of a hurricane, but what does it mean? In this week’s World of Weather we’ll cut, trim and shear off some understanding of this weather term.

Read More
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability
Gray Television, Inc.