Camp Lejeune has issued a Destructive Weather Condition I this afternoon as Hanna approaches.
From Camp Lejeune:
As of 4 p.m., the base has set destructive weather condition I for the expected landfall of Tropical Storm Hanna.
* All non-essential civilian and military personnel have been released.
* Military personnel living in the barracks have been restricted to base liberty.
* Base Commissary is scheduled to close at 5 p.m. and will reopen Sunday.
* MCCS facilities will attempt to stay open for normal working hours depending on the severity of the weather.
* Onslow Beach is closed.
* All Naval Hospital medical clinics, including the Branch Medical Clinics are closed. Emergency Services will remain open.
Emergency shelters are open
(pets are prohibited)
* Camp Lejeune High School
>From entering the Camp Lejeune main gate, take first right on Brewster Blvd. From Brewster Blvd. take first left on Stone St (traffic light). Camp Lejeune High School is on your right. Pregnant women more than 36 weeks, women with infants, or individuals with medical conditions should use this shelter.
* Tarawa Terrace II Elementary School
>From exiting the Camp Lejeune main gate head straight. Turn onto Hwy 24 west. At first traffic light turn left. Tarawa Terrace II School is located on 84 Iwo Jima Blvd.
* Brewster Middle School
>From entering the Camp Lejeune main gate, take first right on Brewster Blvd. From Brewster Blvd. take first left on Stone St (traffic light). Brewster Middle School is a couple of blocks down on your right.
Base residents should stay indoors and use either of these mediums for round-the clock hurricane information.
Click one of the pictures below to see more pictures or to upload your own photos and videos.