Player of the Week Headlines
Pepsi Player of the Week: Dayshawn Pridgen
- Eastern Wayne senior running back Dayshawn Pridgen is our newest WITN Pepsi Player of the Week.
Player Of The Week: Tayla Wynne
- Tayla Wynne has helped the Riverside High School volleyball team to an impressive 19-3 record and spot in the third round of the 1A state playoffs.
Pepsi Player of the Week: McKayla Walker
- Croatan High School senior McKayla Walker is our newest WITN Pepsi Player of the Week.
5 area players selected for 2014 Shrine Bowl
- Five local high school football players have been selected to participate in this year's Shrine Bowl of the Carolinas.
Pepsi Player of the Week: Blair Pearce
- West Carteret senior Blair Pearce is our newest WITN Pepsi Player of the Week.
Pepsi Player of the Week: Geo Williams
- J.H. Rose senior running back Geo Williams is our newest WITN Pepsi Player of the Week.
Gurley leads No. 12 Georgia to 35-32 win over Vols
- Todd Gurley ran for a career-high 208 yards and two touchdowns, including a 51-yarder in the fourth quarter, as No. 12 Georgia bounced back from an early 10-0 deficit and held off gritty Tennessee 35-32 on Saturday.
Pepsi Player of the Week: CJay Sparks
- Jacksonville boys soccer captain CJay Sparks is our newest WITN Pepsi Player of the Week.
Pepsi player of the week: Tyler Jones
- Nine-year-old golfer Tyler Jones is our newest WITN Pepsi Player of the Week.
Pepsi Player Of The Week: Maggie Hallow
- J.H. Rose junior volleyball player Maggie Hallow is our newest WITN Pepsi Payer of the Week.
Pepsi Player Of The Week: Matt Boykin
- Havelock senior wide receiver Matt Boykin is our newest WITN Pepsi Player of the Week.
Todd Gurley Leads Georgia Past Clemson 45-21
- Todd Gurley ran for 198 yards and three touchdowns, returned a kickoff 100 yards for another score, and No. 12 Georgia gained some early style points in the national race with a 45-21 victory over No. 16 Clemson on Saturday night.
Pepsi Player Of The Week: Mike Hughes
- New Bern senior quarterback Mike Hughes is our newest WITN Pepsi Player of the Week.
Players Of The Week: Korey and Kris Curry
- Northside-Jacksonville seniors Korey and Kris Curry are our newest WITN Pepsi Players of the Week.
Player Of The Week: Cameron Moore
- The Pamlico County Hurricanes will open the regular season schedule at home against Croatan on August 22nd and all eyes will be on Hurricanes receiver Cameron Moore.
Pepsi Player Of The Week: Jim Davis III
- Tennis player Jim Davis III is our newest WITN Pepsi Player of the Week.
Tarboro's Gurley Talks Heisman
- Tarboro product and University of Georgia star running back Todd Gurley spoke to reporters about the buzz surrounding him being a Heisman Trophy contender.
Player Of The Week: Garrett Marchant
- 17 year-old race car driver Garrett Marchant is currently third in points in the Limited Late Model division at East Carolina Motorspeedway.
Player Of The Week: Drew Piscorik
- Drew Piscorik is a hometown Pitt County guy and he will soon play baseball at the collegiate level with a hometown guy in East Carolina's new skipper Cliff Godwin.
Player Of The Week: Taylor Bowen
- Eleven-year-old pitcher Taylor Bowen is our newest WITN Pepsi Player of the Week.
Player Of The Week: Matthew Richardson
- At 10 years old Ayden's Matthew Richardson shot an 81 to win the Coastal Plains Jr. Amateur Golf Tournament in Greenville recently and now is being honored as WITN's Pepsi Player Of The Week.
Player Of The Week: Chilton Price
- Chilton Price has a rare genetic disease called Shwachman Diamond Syndrome. It attacks the pancreas, bone marrow and skeleton, but Chilton isn't letting that get in the way of his golf game.
Player Of The Week: Clark Rose
- Goldsboro native Clark Rose has been a fighter his entire life. He battled testicular cancer when he was just 18 months old and his father Clarence Rose was by his side every step of the way.
Player Of The Week: Mason Keen
- Rose High School pitcher Mason Keen signed a national letter of intent to play college baseball at ECU.
Player Of The Week: Brittany Allen
- D.H. Conley senior cheerleader Brittany Allen helped lead the Vikings to a conference title after battling back from a season ending knee injury during her junior campaign.
More Player of the Week Headlines