Player Of The Week: Chris Ellerbe

Before a pre-season injury, Southwest Edgecombe quarterback Chris Ellerbe was being recruited by ACC schools Duke, Georgia Tech and North Carolina.

Now Chris is on the comeback trail and hoping those big schools follow.

Brittany Creamer has more on WITN's Player Of The Week.

• by Coach Mabry Location: Tarboro on Nov 9, 2010 at 06:35 AM
    EDUCATION is always more important than sports. To all thoses who praise themselves WITN need not to recognize you, if you are that great then people will know anyway.Good thing come to thoses who wait, so wait your turn. STOP HATTING!!!!!!!!
  • by Cougar Fan Location: Tarboro on Nov 9, 2010 at 04:32 AM
    It is so rude to make hateful comments about somebody's accomplishments! The comments you have made will in no way change the fact that Chris got player of the week! I think everybody should swallow their pride and congratulate him in his accomplishments! Best of luck to Southwest AND Tarboro in the play-offs! & please, let the trash talking die, it will in no way change anything! You might now agree with it but it happened so just move on! We love you #3! Glad to have you back!!
  • by Chris Ellerbe Location: Rocky Mount on Nov 8, 2010 at 04:50 PM
    People please grow up. Yeah I know I just came back off of an injury and that tarboro has great players I will admit in there backs. Just be more humble about it. Yeah Todd is a great young player and I wish him the best in everything he does and he still has another year. But tell me why you would want to make such rude comments on my video. I didnt ask for this it just happened. I know you'll dont really like Southwest but just be a bigger man about this. @Todd that comment and that attitude wont get you too far if you keep acting like that just to let you know. I just dont understand why you would bash me like that when I just got back. Yeah there are plenty of others out there that are doing a lot more than what I have, but everyone cant be recognized for there great efforts. I wish you Rudeboys the best and go get another ring and we will do the same.
  • by Ricky Pollard Location: Tarboro on Nov 8, 2010 at 06:56 AM
    Ok so this guy came back off an injury i will give him that but to place him as player of the week is a joke when you have Todd Gurley and Chris Lane and Markell Howell from Tarboro who showed 100 xs more than Ellerbe. Im a Tarheel fan and wouldnt mind having him on the team but as far as player of the week is a flat out joke. WITN please give Tarboro credit 11-0 this season. I mean the video at beddingfield wasnt about the game it was about beddingfields mascot...I would like to see fottage of the game and not the mascot..thanks for your time..
  • by andre t Location: north edgecombe on Nov 4, 2010 at 01:33 PM
    @todd gurley yes you are a beast but let that man shine right now you just a jr and they will see more of you next yr
  • by Todd Gurley Location: Tarboro on Nov 4, 2010 at 10:43 AM
    He is okay but what did he do when they came to see us? Nothing.. this should be me. I am the player of the YEAR
  • by Sam Location: Kitty Hawk on Nov 4, 2010 at 10:41 AM
    Chris Ellerbe, do yourself a favor. Do NOT go to Cheater Hill, where Butch Davis runs a dirty program and may have to suffer the consequences like SoCal did. That place is also a hole. I would'nt go to Duke either unless a college education is more important than football. Other than that congratulations and the best of luck to you!
  • by Food for Thought on Nov 4, 2010 at 07:14 AM
    When you know who you are, it doesn't matter if you are recognized or not. Keep doing your best!!!! No one can take that from you. Learn to congratulate the one who did.
  • by Northside Fan Location: Pinetown on Nov 3, 2010 at 05:58 PM
    WITN7, Yall are overlooking the great players for player of the week. This past week NHS RB/S Dee Martin had over 160 yards rushing and 3 tds and 2 interceptions in one game! really thats unheard of. I mean this guy works hard at what he does. Now he's over 1100 yards for the second straight year and is gettin over looked bc of the team he play for? i just dont get it. At least give him some consideration. Thank you

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 106560464 - witn.com/a?a=106560464