Honoring Hometown Hero And Green Bay Packer CJ Wilson

A member of the Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers will be welcomed home in Eastern Carolina Wednesday night.

CJ Wilson played for the Packers this year, the team who won the Super Bowl on February 6th, defeating the Pittsburgh Steelers. The Mayor of Belhaven says the town will host a homecoming event for their native son Wednesday night, with the festivities starting at 6:00pm, followed by the program at 7:00pm.

Wilson was a defensive lineman for the ECU Pirates.

• by GN Location: Greenville on Feb 25, 2011 at 02:13 PM
    First of all, to"callitlikeitis" a hero is someone inspiring and cj is just that so keep it moving...and to jdladd please go get a life of your own, you sound so miserable. To "LOL" please attend the town meetings to find out about belhaven's budget before making yourself look shame adam oneal is doing a great job. To "My Opinion" you had to been there in order to know the connections between adam oneal and amos as a matter of fact i seen you get up and get a "free plate". To "Rad" they have a drink called haterade for that. To "Dave" he may not have a sack but i bet he was on the field and you weren't enough said! To "Mr.GreenJeans" go sit on a tack! To "ozone" if it was free, so what its nice to have something free once in a while get over it! To "Anonymous" why would cj have to pay for it when HE is being honored, get a clue, like now! TO ALL THE NEGATIVE COMMENTS PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR GET OVER IT....BE HAPPY FOR HIM HE DESERVES IT. YOU JUST MAD CUZ IT AINT YOU....8-)
  • by Resident Location: Belhaven on Feb 25, 2011 at 12:35 PM
    I believe it would have been a disgrace if the Town of Belhaven had not honored a Native Son on such a great occasion. I also notice that many sports champtions are referred to as HEROES. And I know that CJ is a HERO in the eyes of most youngsters in our area. For a town our size to have a native as Super Bowl winner, the highest award in professional football, is indeed occasion to celebrate. They don't come our way often!!! Did anyone notice how many VOLUNTEERS helped with this event, or how many people donated time, money, and food? If people would only get the facts before they start complaining. The independent auditor gave the town a sound bill of health at a recent council meeting, which doesn't indicate the Town is broke to me...just the opposite. The national economy is terrible, so we are lucky not to be broke, as many other towns and cities are. Sour grapes, and shame on those trying to make something as good and wholesome as this into a petty political issue.
  • by Keith Location: Belhaven on Feb 24, 2011 at 10:24 AM
    My son played football with CJ and graduated with him at Northside High School. I find it amazing how there are so many classless and jealous people of CJ. Dave, JDLadd, I would'nt be talking as you 2 trolls must have never not done anything worthy in life and want to cry about not having any kind of good talent. I would'nt be suprised if you are on your mama's or papa's computer. Learn to do something positive and stop trying to put people down. You 2 are only wasting your time. Now go do something productive. CJ, I'm very proud of you and so is my son, daughter, and wife. We were unable to make it to the banquet due to some personal stuff, but I'd like to see you buddy.
  • by Dave Location: On a plane on Feb 24, 2011 at 09:00 AM
    CJ knocked Ben down and DID NOT sack him. I'm sure that he probably fell into Ben since he looks overweight and is about as coordinated as a three legged dog.
  • by Slick Glisson Location: B-Town on Feb 24, 2011 at 08:09 AM
    Aight First off Cj Wilson is was and will ever be the best football player that came out of Northside and ECU. He plays his heart out on everything. When I plaied wid him I learned so much just never took it to heart. So why yall hating for. Back off of him cause dis is to foolish. Hating on someone just because you can't make it to the NFL cause all you wanna do is bad mouth someone. Yo Cj Bruh I am proud of ya and ya still gonna be my hero.
  • by Samantha Location: washington on Feb 24, 2011 at 07:24 AM
    Why is it that when someone has a positive influence on the community a bunch of low life people have to get up here and bad mouth what a town does to celebrate that person. C.J. has probably inspired a bunch of young men and women to follow their dreams. The ones of you that have negative things to say would not be up here posting if it was a member of your family that has accomplished what he has. So why can't all of you be happy for someone and the goals they have achieved and quit being so negative.
  • by Fred Location: NC on Feb 24, 2011 at 07:00 AM
    Dave, CJ likes it when you call him big pappa.
  • by Darren Location: Kill Devil Hills on Feb 24, 2011 at 06:24 AM
    Dave, what I mentioned I saw on my wife's facebook page. I saw a bunch of pics and videos from the superbowl and it had CJ all over Fat Ben.
  • by Mr Green Jeans Location: Washington on Feb 23, 2011 at 09:13 PM
    For Huh...I guess thats what I get for trying to provide a cogent argument, yes we played but unlike you we used a helmet.
  • by Glenn on Feb 23, 2011 at 08:42 PM
    It was awesome when C.J. got that sack!

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 116721129 - witn.com/a?a=116721129