Posted: 5:48 PM
- South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier says injured tailback Mike Davis has received treatment on his bruised ribs the past few days and is likely to see action Saturday night when the 21st-ranked Gamecocks take on East Carolina.
Posted: 2:27 PM
- Texas A&M makes a big jump in the AP Top 25 after the most impressive performance of the opening weekend of college football. Florida State and Alabama lost some support in the first poll of the regular season after close victories against heavy underdogs.
- ECU has named a new assistant strength and conditioning coach, a woman who has worked in the same field East Tennessee State as well as developed a strength and conditioning program for the Raleigh police department's Special Operations and SWAT units.
- In conjunction with the release of the full American Athletic Conference schedule, East Carolina announced its complete women’s basketball slate for the 2014-15 season Thursday afternoon.
- East Carolina will make a record 17 national television appearances during the upcoming season as University athletic officials and the American Athletic Conference revealed the Pirates' entire 2014-15 schedule Thursday.
- With the start of the Pirates’ 2014 football campaign three days away, the East Carolina University Athletics Department has eclipsed the 20,000 mark in season ticket sales for the eighth-straight year.
- ECU head football coach Ruffin McNeill and two of his staff members took the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Friday in part to honor retired Marine Major Randy Heberet who's had the disease since 1995.
- Justin Hardy and Shane Carden started their East Carolina careers working together on the scout team. Four years later, their connection means everything to the Pirates' pass-heavy attack - and has put both fifth-year seniors within reach of all kinds of records.
- East Carolina University has announced a five-year extension of head women’s basketball coach Heather Macy’s contract that will keep her at the helm of the program through the 2019-20 season.
- Following its final two-a-day of fall camp, East Carolina returned to Hight Field inside the Cliff Moore Practice Complex for its 17th workout with a two-hour morning session in shells.
- Head Coach Ruffin McNeill and his staff guided East Carolina through a pair of workouts Wednesday to complete its fall two-a-day schedule at Hight Field inside the Cliff Moore Practice Complex.
- East Carolina senior quarterback Shane Carden is one of 43 players named to the initial 2014 Earl Campbell Tyler Rose Award Watch List according to a release by the organization Wednesday.
- Shane Carden connected with Justin Hardy on a pair of scoring plays to lead the offense, while DaShawn Benton’s 15-yard interception return complemented a four-sack defensive effort during East Carolina’s first intra-squad scrimmage of preseason camp Saturday morning at Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium.
- East Carolina finalized preparations for its first intra-squad scrimmage of preseason camp with a two-hour workout in shells Friday morning on Hight Field at the Cliff Moore Practice Complex.
- East Carolina senior quarterback Shane Carden is one of 32 quarterbacks around the nation named to the initial 2014 Manning Award Watch List, which is sponsored by the Allstate Sugar Bowl.
- Following a pair of physical practices on Saturday and team walk-through on Sunday, East Carolina returned to Hight Field inside the Cliff Moore Practice Complex for a near three-hour single morning session in full pads.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.
Public File Liaison:
Station Contact Info:
275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777