Posted: 1:23 PM
- The final installment of a three-game series between the East Carolina and Elon softball teams scheduled for 1 p.m., on Saturday afternoon at the ECU Softball Stadium has been rained out.
- Zach Houchins belted his second home run of the season, while East Carolina hurlers Tyler Bolton and Ryan Williams allowed one run in a 5-1 series win in game two of the Friday doubleheader against Middle Tennessee at Lewis Field inside Clark-LeClair Stadium.
- Junior pitcher Sarah Christian won her 50th-career decision in game one and classmate Caroline Umphlett spun her first complete-game shutout while compling a career-high seven strikeouts in game two as the East Carolina softball team swept a non-conference doubleheader over Elon by scores of 4-2 and 6-0 on Friday evening at the ECU Softball Stadium.
- Junior Jeff Hoffman struck out a career-high 16 batters lifting East Carolina to 1-0 win over Middle Tennessee Thursday night in Conference USA action at Lewis Field inside Clark-LeClair Stadium.
- East Carolina Head Coach Billy Godwin announced Thursday night that the Pirates have added an additional home game to its schedule and will play host to Old Dominion on Monday, April 21.
- East Carolina officials have announced that the Conference USA weekend series between East Carolina and Middle Tennessee scheduled for this weekend at Lewis Field inside Clark-LeClair Stadium has been altered due to potential forecast of inclement weather in the area Saturday afternoon.
- East Carolina scored eight unanswered runs behind Dylan Brown’s three-hit, two-RBI performance and Reid Love’s 7.2 innings of relief topping UNC Wilmington 8-5 Wednesday night at Lewis Field inside Clark-LeClair Stadium.
- East Carolina’s Tuesday night baseball game at in-state rival UNC Wilmington has been cancelled due to forecasted inclement weather throughout the day and evening in the area, and will not be made up.
- East Carolina scored five runs in the top of the 12th inning claiming a 12-7 win over Old Dominion Sunday afternoon at the Bud Metheny Complex. With the win the Pirates improve to 21-15 overall and 9-6 in Conference USA action, while the Monarchs drop to 22-15 and 10-8.
- East Carolina completed preparations for its annual spring game with an upbeat one-hour practice in shorts and helmets Friday afternoon on Hight Field inside the Cliff Moore Complex.
- The East Carolina track and field team will host the Bill Carson Invitational when it welcomes Charlotte, South Carolina and UNC Wilmington Friday, April 11 and Saturday, April 12.
- A trio of East Carolina pitchers in Brett Mabry, Ryan Williams and Drew Reynolds combined to strikeout 12 batters en route to a 7-0 shutout of No. 25 NC State Wednesday night at Lewis Field inside Clark-LeClair Stadium.
- For the second time this season, East Carolina junior Sarah Christian has been named the Conference USA Pitcher-of-the-Week for her performances against Southern Miss last weekend.
- East Carolina scored a pair of two-out runs in the top of the ninth and turned a game-ending double play to claim a 2-1 Conference USA series win over No. 12 Rice at Reckling Park Sunday afternoon.
- The East Carolina softball team pounded out 16 hits and starting pitcher Sarah Christian allowed just one hit, as the Pirates completed a three-game sweep of its Conference USA series against Southern Miss with a 12-1 victory in five innings on Sunday afternoon at the ECU Softball Stadium.
- Blake Fox struck out a career-high eight batters and Rice (22-11, 10-4) pounded out 14 hits taking game two of the Conference USA series, 8-0, over East Carolina (18-13, 7-4) Saturday afternoon at Reckling Park.
- Redshirt freshman Kurt Benkert completed 10-of-12 passes for 126 yards and a touchdown to spearhead the offensive effort, while a surging defensive unit tallied seven tackles for lost yardage on the other side of the ball during East Carolina's second intra-squad scrimmage of the spring Saturday morning at Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium.
- The Tennessee Titans have told Chris Johnson they are releasing him after six seasons to avoid paying the $8 million the running back is due in pay in 2014, and the final three seasons left on the $53.5 million contract he signed in September 2011.