- The kickoff time for East Carolina’s season-opening non-conference home contest against Old Dominion, scheduled for August 31 at Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium, has been set for 7:00 p.m. (EDT) to accommodate a live FOX College Sports (FCS) television broadcast according to an announcement from Conference USA and network officials Wednesday.
- East Carolina University Director of Athletics Jeff Compher, who began his leadership duties with the Pirates on April 29, has been named one of four Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) Under Armour Athletic Directors of the Year by the National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics (NACDA).
- Former East Carolina golfer Harold Varner was one of five alternates from U.S. Open sectional qualifying added to the field of 156 for the 113th U.S. Open Championship the United States Golf Association (UGSGA) announced Monday.
- East Carolina junior first baseman Chase McDonald was selected in the 12th round by the Houston Astros Saturday afternoon during the third day of the 2013 Major League Baseball First-Year Amateur Player Draft.
- East Carolina junior shortstop Jack Reinheimer was selected in the fifth round by the Seattle Mariners Tuesday afternoon during the second day of the 2013 Major League Baseball First-Year Amateur Player Draft.
- J’Kyra Brown, who signed to play basketball and attend East Carolina University last November, has been named the Player of the Year by the North Carolina Basketball Coaches Association.
- East Carolina junior Drew Reynolds added another piece of hardware to his trophy case when he was named Louisville Slugger Second-Team All-American by Collegiate Baseball, the publication announced Thursday.
- East Carolina scored three runs in both the seventh and eighth innings as the Pirates finished pod play of the 2013 Conference USA Baseball Championship with an 8-7 win over No. 2 seed Southern Miss on Saturday evening at Rice University's Reckling Park.
- Justin Montemayor collected a game-high four hits and drove in a pair of runs, while Austin Pruitt tossed a complete game lifting sixth-seed Houston to a 9-4 victory over three-seed East Carolina.
- East Carolina junior Drew Reynolds was named to the 2013 Conference USA All-Academic Team for the second-straight year, as selected by the league’s baseball sports information directors.
- The Washington Redskins announced Wednesday that they have signed 2013 fifth-round draft pick running back Chris Thompson (154th overall) and free agent wide receiver Lance Lewis.
- Shae Nelson, a former member of the Ole Miss women’s basketball team, has signed a National Letter of Intent (NLI) to play basketball at East Carolina University beginning in the Fall of 2013, according to an announcement by head coach Heather Macy Monday.