- Chris Gaffney’s three-run home run in the second inning was all the scoring UNC Wilmington needed as it picked up midweek win over East Carolina, 4-2, Tuesday night at Brooks Field.
- The East Carolina women’s basketball team’s 2014-15 campaign came to a close in a 69-65 loss to North Carolina State in the second round of the 2015 Women’s National Invitation Tournament Sunday evening in front of a crowd of 2,160 at Williams Arena in Minges Coliseum.
- Virginia Commonwealth scored in the top of the eighth inning on an East Carolina error and walked out of town with a 3-2 series clinching win Sunday afternoon at Lewis Field inside Clark-LeClair Stadium.
- Kirk Morgan and Eric Tyler each drove in a pair of runs during East Carolina’s six-run eighth inning propelling the Pirates to a 9-3 win over Virginia Commonwealth Saturday afternoon at Lewis Field inside Clark-LeClair Stadium.
- Jada Payne led three East Carolina in double-figures and finished with a game-high 22 points, as the Pirates defeated Radford, 74-52, in the first round of the Women’s National Invitation Tournament.
- For the first time, the East Carolina women’s basketball team will host a Women’s National Invitation Tournament game as the Pirates received their third straight selection to the field, according to an announcement Monday evening.
- East Carolina recorded a season-high 22 hits which included three home runs, two of them in grand style, en route to a 20-4 win completing the non-conference series sweep Sunday afternoon at Walter C. Latham Park.
- B.J. Tyson had 19 points, Marshall Guilmette scored 18 and No. 8 seed East Carolina outlasted ninth-seeded Central Florida for an 81-80 overtime win in the American Athletic Conference tournament's opening game on Thursday.
- Travis Watkins continued to swing a hot bat belting his second homer of the season, a grand slam, propelling East Carolina to an 8-1 win over UNC Greensboro Wednesday afternoon at Lewis Field inside Clark-LeClair Stadium.
- East Carolina freshman guard B.J. Tyson was a unanimous selection to the American Athletic Conference All-Rookie Team, as voted upon by the league’s 11 head coaches the conference announced Tuesday.
- New York Jets running back Chris Johnson was released from an Orlando hospital and uncooperative with deputies who responded over the weekend to a fatal shooting that left him and a friend with bullet wounds and the driver of their car dead.
- Travis Watkins continued to swing a hot stick going 3-for-4 with the game-winning RBI, while Reid Love picked up the win in East Carolina’s 3-2 non-conference series sweep of Monmouth Sunday afternoon at Lewis Field inside Clark-LeClair Stadium.
- Jacob Wolfe tossed six scoreless innings for his first collegiate win, while East Carolina pounded out 15 hits completing the doubleheader sweep of Monmouth, 9-0, Saturday afternoon at Lewis Field inside Clark-LeClair Stadium.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.
Public File Liaison:
Station Contact Info:
275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777