- East Carolina officials have announced that the Pirate baseball team will play host to Albany this weekend in a three-game series at Lewis Field inside Clark-LeClair Stadium starting Friday, Feb. 27 at 4 p.m.
- East Carolina posted a season-high 14 hits and got seven strong innings from David Lucroy on the mound to pick up a 9-2 win over St. John’s Sunday night and claim the 12th Annual Keith LeClair Classic title at Lewis Field inside Clark-LeClair Stadium.
- The first American Athletic Conference championship in East Carolina University history was won Saturday night by the men’s swimming and diving team, the program’s first conference championships since winning the 1989 Colonial Athletic Association title.
- East Carolina got six strong innings from Evan Kruczynski, a pair of home runs by Luke Lowery and a two-run blast from Travis Watkins claiming an 8-3 win over UNC Greensboro at the 2015 Keith LeClair Classic, which is being held at Lewis Field inside Clark-LeClair Stadium.
- The East Carolina women’s basketball team ran its winning streak to a season-best six games with a 53-40 victory over Cincinnati in American Athletic Conference action at Williams Arena in Minges Coliseum Saturday afternoon.
- The East Carolina women’s basketball team held on to upset 25th-ranked South Florida, 65-64, for its first win over a ranked opponent since the 2007-08 campaign in its annual Play4Kay game and American Athletic Conference action in Williams Arena at Minges Coliseum on Sunday afternoon.
- The East Carolina softball team allowed four runs in the fifth inning as the Pirates dropped a 9-8 decision to East Tennessee State in the final game of the Pirate Clash on Saturday. ECU falls to 5-4 on the year, while the Bucs improve to 5-5.
- Six unearned runs in game one and a two-run eighth inning in the second contest lifted No. 2 Virginia (3-0) to a non-conference series sweep of East Carolina (0-3) Saturday at Lewis Field inside Clark-LeClair Stadium.
- East Carolina has added a home game against Western Carolina to complete its 2016 non-conference football schedule according to an announcement by ECU Director of Athletics Jeff Compher on Tuesday.
- The East Carolina softball team won the Pirate Classic after going 5-1 on the weekend and securing a pair of wins over Oakland (9-1, 5 innings) and South Carolina (1-0) on the final day of the tournament.
- During the annual baseball kickoff fan session known now as an Evening With The Pirates, East Carolina Head Coach Cliff Godwin was presented with the honorary No. 23 jersey and will wear the number for the upcoming season.
- Junior forward I’Tiana Taylor recorded her second double-double in a row with 20 points and 18 rebounds, but the East Carolina women’s basketball team was unable to hold off a second-half flurry and suffered a 74-63 American Athletic Conference loss to Tulsa on Saturday afternoon at Williams Arena in Minges Coliseum.
- Jada Payne recorded her seventh 20-point performance of the season, as the East Carolina women’s basketball team used picked up its third straight win, 60-39, over Memphis in American Athletic Conference action Sunday afternoon at Williams Arena in Minges Coliseum.
- University of Oklahoma head coach Bob Stoops announced Monday that Lincoln Riley will join the Sooners as offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach. Riley will come to Oklahoma from East Carolina where he held the same position with the Pirates for the past five seasons.
- Jada Payne scored a season-high 26 points and Jasmine Phillips recorded her first-career double-double, as the East Carolina women’s basketball team collected its first American Athletic Conference victory, 87-46, over Houston at Hofheinz Pavilion Saturday afternoon.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public File Liaison:
Station Contact Info:
275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777