Duke's Kelly To Miss ACC Tournament

DURHAM, N.C. - Duke junior forward Ryan Kelly will miss this weekend's ACC Tournament in Atlanta after suffering a right foot sprain on Tuesday during practice. Kelly is averaging 11.8 points, 5.4 rebounds, 1.1 assists and 1.0 blocks per game while playing in all 31 contests (19 starts) this season.

According to the school's website, Kelly will be monitored over the weekend and re-evaluated on Monday.

• by JJ on Mar 9, 2012 at 06:53 AM
    Id cheer for ECU if they got a better basketball team, until then Im going for the ACC.
      by Sam on Mar 9, 2012 at 11:14 PM in reply to JJ
      So you only pull for ECU in years like the 2007 season when ECU defeats N.C. State and otherwise you will pull for Duke or UNC. You are a bandwagoner and I just called you out on that. You can't deny that.
  • by Teak on Mar 7, 2012 at 02:17 PM
    Gives Special K and the Dookies a excuse when they once again go home early in the big Dance! Go Witchita St
      by Witchita St on Mar 7, 2012 at 03:45 PM in reply to Teak
      What does Witchita St have to do with this? Ranked 16th...We might see them in the sweet 16...but...I guess I've not been keeping watch on these sleeping giants. lol
  • by UNC Fan on Mar 7, 2012 at 01:16 PM
    If you support UNC you are supporting the state of North Carolina and its rich basketball tradition. If you support dook you are supporting a bunch of rich white kids from the north
      by And... on Mar 7, 2012 at 03:39 PM in reply to UNC Fan
      ...some of the finest future doctors & surgeons in the world.
        by Anonymous on Mar 8, 2012 at 06:45 AM in reply to And...
        but those dont play basketball
      by Shawn on Mar 8, 2012 at 08:38 PM in reply to UNC Fan
      If you are supporting the holes, you are supporting future ACLU employees, most liberal college east of Berkley!
      by Pack Man on Mar 8, 2012 at 10:55 PM in reply to UNC Fan
      If you support either one of those two schools, then it's a 98% chance you didn't have any affiliation other than the bandwagon you fell on. At least N.C. State, ECU, and even Wake Forest fans actually had some ties with the universities.
        by UNC on Mar 9, 2012 at 12:23 PM in reply to Pack Man
        I don't understand why it matters if you went to the school or not. The majority of people who pull for any team across the U.S. did not go to the school they pull for. And you're right, most of the people that pull for NC state, ECU, or Wake Forest, probably went there because not everyone can afford Carolina or Duke. I mean what if someone went to a community college, who are they going to pull for? Just don't see what the big deal is. Is this suppose to make anyone lesser of a person because they are a "bandwagon" fan?
          by Pack Man on Mar 9, 2012 at 11:16 PM in reply to UNC
          If they want to trash other schools and their fans, then yes ot makes them a lesser of a person. Otherwise, there's no problem.
          by UNC on Mar 10, 2012 at 11:59 AM in reply to UNC
          Totally agree about trashing other teams. I ONLY open my mouth if someone opens theirs, otherwise I keep to myself. And if my team loses, then I pull for the other teams left from NC in the NCAA. I grew up living and breathing UNC, thats all I ever knew before I was old enough to attend UNC! But "some people" should not call others bandwagon fans if they don't know them from a hole in the wall, because you have no clue what school they attended or where they are from. But anyways good luck NC teams, and GO TAR HEELS!
  • by yukon on Mar 7, 2012 at 08:43 AM
    In the ACC I pull for DUKE and whoever is playing UNC GO DEVILS
  • by go heels on Mar 7, 2012 at 07:19 AM
    I hate dook, but unlike Gerald Henderson, I never want to see anyone get injured so good luck to him and his recovery.
      by UNC Alum on Mar 8, 2012 at 10:56 PM in reply to go heels
      I feel the exact same way.
  • by ACC on Mar 7, 2012 at 06:17 AM
    In case all you ECU fans who hate on the ACC are reading this article, take a look at "Most Viewed" stories over on the right of this page. 3 of the top 4 most viewed stories are about UNC and Duke. Even the "official station" recognizes what the viewers/readers want.
      by Anonymous on Mar 7, 2012 at 06:34 AM in reply to ACC
      so yeah, that's not true at all. the most viewed at the moment is about paula dean. this article isn't even on the list. i suggest you not post on things that change quickly and you cannot control.
      by HUH? on Mar 7, 2012 at 06:39 AM in reply to ACC
      What page are you reading? I see no ACC stories in either "Most Viewed" or "Most Commented".
  • by Bloke Location: New Bern on Mar 7, 2012 at 04:18 AM
    This will definitely hurt the Blue Devils and terrible timing. Kelly is surely a factor and weapon in their arsenal. Maybe he can get rested up and play well in the NCAA tourny. Can't wait for the games to start. Going to be a weekend of great basketball, GO HEELS!
  • by UNC Fan on Mar 7, 2012 at 12:50 AM
    I'm sad to hear this. I like to see ALL the ACC teams go into the tournament near 100%. It makes things more realistic. I want to see all the teams play their best game of the year, in the Tourney.
      by Nice on Mar 7, 2012 at 03:14 AM in reply to UNC Fan
      It' so nice to see there are actually good UNC fans! Nearly all the Carolina fans I know only show up after a win, or whine like crazy after a lose. The team who played the best will win it, just give props and not make excuses is the way I think! Nice post.
        by bs on Mar 7, 2012 at 05:49 AM in reply to Nice
        two way street there BOSS. incase you have not noticed its kind of hard to have bragging rights after a loss and i know plenty of duke fans that do the same crying you speak of.
        by cool on Mar 7, 2012 at 06:03 AM in reply to Nice
        agreed
        by Anonymous on Mar 7, 2012 at 06:40 AM in reply to Nice
        Why is it always Carolina fans...all fans are like that, I read it every day.
        by tarheel on Mar 7, 2012 at 06:48 AM in reply to Nice
        OMG I was so thinking the same thing. When Duke beat us by one point, every duke fan was up here bragging and went crazy on our court but we didn't on theirs (showing up after a win) but when we actually BEAT them, they are very quiet and there is hardly any comments under the story about Carolina beating Duke. Kinda strange, the proof is in the pudding! I don't know where some of them get this from, are they blind to the fact that their fans do it too. I am not one to whine after a (loss), I am always proud of the effort they put into the games.
      by Duke Fan for Life on Mar 7, 2012 at 07:02 AM in reply to UNC Fan
      Agreed, the tourny is much better when all teams are at their best. This always makes for some really good basketball. There is no telling how the games will turn out. ACC basketball is the finest!
  • by Yea Location: and?!?! on Mar 6, 2012 at 10:59 PM
    Well he sure didn't help in that Beating the Heels gave them so I think he can sit this one out to. Go Heels!!
  • by Really? Location: Washington on Mar 6, 2012 at 09:57 PM
    @whocares? Really?? Why is there always that person who has to complain about things like this? News is news if you ask me. It's been in the newspaper forever so it must be important. You need to find something better to do with your life that post ridiculous comments on news stories.
      by Anonymous on Mar 6, 2012 at 11:17 PM in reply to Really?
      And you need to stop worring about what other people write about.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 141699583 - witn.com/a?a=141699583