- Zach Houchins’ RBI single in the top of the 10th scored Kirk Morgan lifting East Carolina (7-5) to a 4-3 extra inning win over UNC Greensboro (5-6) Wednesday afternoon at UNCG Baseball Stadium.
- Redshirt junior post Ondrea Shaw set a new East Carolina single-season record with a total of 98 blocks after posting six in the Pirates’ 87-78 loss at Old Dominion on Wednesday night.
- East Carolina officials have announced that the Conference USA series opener between East Carolina and Marshall scheduled for this weekend at Lewis Field inside Clark-LeClair Stadium has been altered due to potential forecast of inclement weather in the area.
- West Craven senior guard Jamie Cherry became only the 7th player in state history to score at least 3,000 career points and her 3,151 point mark is 3rd all-time and only 9 points behind former Williamston star Katie Paschal for 2nd place.
- James Michael McAdoo hit the go-ahead shot in the lane with 3:09 left and Marcus Paige blocked Eric Atkins' driving shot on the final play to seal No. 14 North Carolina's 63-61 victory over Notre Dame on Monday night.