Posted: 1:23 PM
- The final installment of a three-game series between the East Carolina and Elon softball teams scheduled for 1 p.m., on Saturday afternoon at the ECU Softball Stadium has been rained out.
- Zach Houchins belted his second home run of the season, while East Carolina hurlers Tyler Bolton and Ryan Williams allowed one run in a 5-1 series win in game two of the Friday doubleheader against Middle Tennessee at Lewis Field inside Clark-LeClair Stadium.
- Junior pitcher Sarah Christian won her 50th-career decision in game one and classmate Caroline Umphlett spun her first complete-game shutout while compling a career-high seven strikeouts in game two as the East Carolina softball team swept a non-conference doubleheader over Elon by scores of 4-2 and 6-0 on Friday evening at the ECU Softball Stadium.
- Junior Jeff Hoffman struck out a career-high 16 batters lifting East Carolina to 1-0 win over Middle Tennessee Thursday night in Conference USA action at Lewis Field inside Clark-LeClair Stadium.
- East Carolina Head Coach Billy Godwin announced Thursday night that the Pirates have added an additional home game to its schedule and will play host to Old Dominion on Monday, April 21.
- East Carolina officials have announced that the Conference USA weekend series between East Carolina and Middle Tennessee scheduled for this weekend at Lewis Field inside Clark-LeClair Stadium has been altered due to potential forecast of inclement weather in the area Saturday afternoon.
- East Carolina scored eight unanswered runs behind Dylan Brown’s three-hit, two-RBI performance and Reid Love’s 7.2 innings of relief topping UNC Wilmington 8-5 Wednesday night at Lewis Field inside Clark-LeClair Stadium.
- East Carolina’s Tuesday night baseball game at in-state rival UNC Wilmington has been cancelled due to forecasted inclement weather throughout the day and evening in the area, and will not be made up.
- Chris Douglas-Roberts dribbled into the lane and sank a short jumper as time expired, and the Charlotte Bobcats overcame a 15-point deficit in the final period to beat the Atlanta Hawks 95-93 on Monday night.
- Jabari Parker says he plans to "set up an appointment" with Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski when he returns to Durham, N.C., on Tuesday and he will decide Wednesday whether to declare for the NBA draft or return to college for his sophomore year.