Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
Wonderful recipe for homemade pasta sauce.
2 tbl. olive oil
1 cup onions–cut or chopped
3 cloves garlic–minced
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 28-oz. cans tomatoes–chopped
1 6-oz. can tomato paste
2 tsp. granulated white sugar
2 tsp. dried basil
1-1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. fresh-ground black pepper
1 lb. ground beef
2 bay leaves
1/2 green bell pepper [opt.]–chopped
1 jar mushrooms [opt.]–drained
- In 5 quart Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic and parsley.
- Cook stirring one minute, add beef. Cook until browned, drain fat.
- Place 1 can tomatoes, tomato paste, and remaining spices into food processor and blend. DO NOT OVER PROCESS!
- Add to ground beef. Then process remaining can of tomatoes and add to beef.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 1 hour (or more)
- Remove bay leaves before serving.
Makes 8 cups (Serves 4 to 6).