2 large chopped onions
6 cloves minced garlic
2 stalks chopped celery
10 oz. can tomato sauce
1-1/2 chopped sweet peppers
2 sprigs parsley
2 cans Rotel tomatoes
1 tbl. granulated white sugar
3/4 bunch chopped green onions
2 lbs. peeled & deveined shrimp
1/8 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp basil
1/2 lb. butter
- Melt butter and add onions, garlic, celery and bell pepper.
- Simmer until onions turn yellow.
- Add tomato sauce, Rotel tomatoes and sugar and simmer 1 hour.
- Add green onions, thyme, basil and shrimp and cook about 15 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt, red and black pepper.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve over cooked rice.