Dave Jordan’s “Hot Crab Hero”
This is a quick and easy party appetizer.
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) French bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients.
- Slice bread horizontally in half: spread cut sides with
- Top with cheese: spread with crab mixture.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes or until browned.
Makes about 12-14 servings.