Poulette a la Parisienne (Chicken Parisienne)
Here's a light meal my family enjoys especially when we travel north of the Border to Quebec to visit our relatives for the Holidays. The dish is called Poulette a la Parisienne. (Chicken Parisienne)
6 - boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup of dry wine
1 can cream of mushroom soup
8 oz. sliced mushrooms
1 cup sour cream
3 tablespoons of flour
1 teaspoon of butter
- Heat a non-stick skillet and melt in the butter quickly and lightly.
- Brown the chicken, then place it in the crockpot.
- In a bowl, pour the wine, soup, and mushrooms and stir to combine.
- In another small bowl, whisk the sour cream and flour together.
- Add soup mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour all that over the chicken breasts and cook on low in the crockpot for about 8-hours.
Serve the contents from the crockpot over a bed of egg noodles, or rice. (I actually prefer the egg noodles.)