Grandma’s Apple Crisp
My Grandfather Howard was an apple farmer in upstate NY, so needless to say we enjoyed every type of apple based recipe you can imagine. Here is one of my favorites that Grandma Howard would serve up regularly.
4 cups of sliced apples, (I like to use McIntosh, sliced into small chunks)
1 cup of Sugar
3/4 cup of flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon (more or less according to taste)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup soft butter
- Spread 4 cups of sliced apples in a rectanglar baking dish.
- Sprinkle a bit of water over the apples.
- In seperate bowl, combine 1 cup of sugar; 3/4 cup of flour, 1 teaspoon cinnamon (more or less according to taste), & 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Blend in 1/3 cup soft butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the apples.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes at 350 degrees.
To fully appreciate this recipe I recommend getting it on your plate while it is still hot, with a cold scoop of vanilla ice cream alongside. Enjoy!