2 sticks Real Butter
½ cup sugar
Graham Crackers, Club Crackers or Waverly Crackers
Real Semi-Sweet or Milk Chocolate Chips (10-12 ounces)
Toll House Chocolate chips have the best texture for this recipe
Please use extra caution and supervision when preparing this treat with children, as the butter mixture gets very hot! Little hands like to help, but please make sure they are safe!
- Grease 11"x17"x1" cookie sheet and line with Graham crackers, Club Crackers or Waverly Crackers. Place crackers with sides touching. Melt butter and sugar, bring to boil, cook at boil temp for two minutes.
- Pour melted mixture over crackers. Butter mixture will fill in between crackers.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Again, This gets extremely hot…Extra caution and supervision is required.
- Remove from oven & immediately pour up to 12 oz of chocolate chips over crackers. (we like a lot of chocolate)
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over piping hot butter mixture.
- As you spread they begin to melt, continue spreading until smooth.
- Cool, then refrigerate to set chocolate.
- Break into pieces & serve.