- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1 package (10 oz. about 40) regular marshmallows
or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups RICE KRISPIES cereal - Holiday Edition
- Melt margarine in large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or waxed paper, press mixture evenly into
13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cut into 2-inch
squares when cool. Best if served the same day.
In a microwave safe bowl, heat margarine and marshmallows at HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps
2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows. 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow
creme can be substituted for marshmallows. Diet, reduced calorie or
tub margarine is not recommended. Store no more than two days in