Blue Cheese Stuffed Pork Chops
This is a favorite family receipe, especially in the fall. Try pairing it with a green bean casserole. It originates from the mountains of Western North Carolina.
- 6 -1" thick or thicker pork loin chops
- 1 cup blue cheese crumbled
- 1 cup dry bread cubes
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/4 mushrooms sliced fine
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon cooking/olive oil
- Melt butter in skillet: add onion & mushrooms. Saute 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in blue cheese,bread cubes.
- Cut pockets in middle side of pork chops and pinch of salt in cavity, spoon dressing mixture into pockets; secure with wooden toothpick.
- Baste outside of stuffed pork chops lightly with oil.
- Place on baking tray at 350 degrees for 1 hour or nicely browned and thoroughly cooked.