- 9 to 10 pound hickory smoked ham (fully cooked) butt portion preferred
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1-1/4 cups Splenda
- 2 to 3 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Place ham face down in a shallow baking pan and cover loosely with aluminum foil. Place on lower rack of oven and bake for 1 hour.
- While the ham is baking, mix together all the glaze ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- After 1 hour of cooking, remove ham from oven, uncover and stand ham up on 1 side. With a sharp knife and in a "tic-tac-toe" fashion, make shallow cuts all over the fatty side of the ham, scoring 1-inch squares. Insert single whole cloves in every corner of the squares created by the cuts. Pour the glaze over the top and let drip down the ham. Place uncovered ham back in the oven and cook for another 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 15 minutes before slicing.